Here’s a simple formula to make Ginger Tea.
Use all organic ingredients if at all possible for best results.
Two Simple Ingredients:
- 1 large piece of ginger root (about the size of your hand)
- Lemon juice
To prepare ginger tea:
- Peel the ginger root with a potato peeler and a small paring knife.
- Cut the ginger into chunks about the size of a half dollar.
- Place the ginger pieces in a blender or food processor and cover 1/2 way up with lemon juice.
- Turn on the blender or food processor and puree ginger/ lemon juice mixture. Mix it at least 1 minute to break up the stings of fiber in the ginger.
- To make tea, use one heaping teaspoon of puree to one large cup of hot water. Sweeten to taste with honey or stevia (this super-sweet plant extract can be found in most health food stores).
- If desired, the ginger pulp can be strained from the tea, or drink as is.
Enjoy this flavorful immune-boosting tea in the morning for a great pick-up!! Refrigerate any excess ginger mixture; it will stay good for several days. As a bonus secret, after you have the mixture, put it in an ice cube tray. After it is frozen, pop the “cubes” out and put them in a plastic or glass container so they don’t absorb odors from the freezer and use the “ginger cube” in hot water to make your tea. It will last longer when it is frozen and will cool off your water to perfect drinking temperature.
This recipe can be found in Dr. Joe’s book Eating Right for the Health of It!
If you have any questions for Dr. Joe please send us a message in the live chat.