Fall is the time of year when root vegetables begin to make their appearance. No need to settle for boring baked turnips like Grandma used to make. Bring your favorite flavors from south of the border to this hearty meat-free dish!
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder or to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup steamed diced carrots
- 1 cup steamed diced turnips
- 1 cup steamed diced rutabagas
- 1 cup steamed diced parsnips
Combine first four ingredients in a medium bowl, then add to steamed vegetables in a lightly oiled baking dish. Place under broiler until vegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.